Geotest load frames are innovative in design and offer a combination of features unmatched in this industry. Load frames are available for every budget. The Multi-Loader may be suitable for some triaxial applications. The following descriptions apply to our more traditional triaxial load frames which share the same gear box as the Multi-Loader series but offer many other refinements including some with full computer control. Distinguishing features are described below:
- A DC servo motor-generator, a solid state electronic controller and a 10 turn graduated potentiometer permits speed to be steplessly controlled with set speed maintained to within ±1%. The actual speed is digitally displayed.
- Threaded tie rods have been replaced with a unique rifle bolt mechanism to quickly reposition upper cross arm without effecting its level.
- Built-in digital display of applied load to an accuracy of 0.1 lbf* or 1N* including a peak hold feature.
- Lower platens have concentric rings for accurately centering specimens and are 8" (203mm) diameter.
- Upper and lower limit switches, directional control, electronic data acquisition capabilities are standard.
- Vibration is far lower than on competing load frames.
- Chassis are attractively finished in blue and grey enamel with black tie rods.
- All load frames have a 2 year warranty.
*Applies to 10kN models only.
The Multi-Loader series of economy load frames can be used to perform CBR, soil cement, unconfined compression, triaxial and Marshall tests. With an adjustable rate of strain between 0.0025 to 2mm (0.001 and 0.08) inch per minute, S5830, S5830A and S5831 are recommended for unconfined compression, CBR, soil cement and triaxial testing (with the proper accessories) if the rate of strain is adequate. S5830A includes a 10,000 lbf or 50kN load cell and built-in digital display with peak hold feature and computer output for data acquisition. Load is displayed digitally to 1 lbf or 10N on SI versions.
Model S5831 and S5841 are the only moderately priced, variable speed load frames capable of testing up to a capacity of 22,000 lbf (100kN) now being offered.
By adding an EDDI and S2016 Data Acquisition Software any load cell model Multi-Loader or triaxial load frame can be converted to full automatic data acquisition.